YZ85 Features & Benefits
YZ85 OEM parts
YZ 85 THERE'S NOTHING MINI ABOUT IT.
Presenting the YZ85. Crowned MX Action's 2002 " 80cc of the Year"** (in its very first year, no less), this potent little screamer is everything the budding young factory racer could ask for.
Small-bore world domination starts right here. With a liquid-cooled, 85cc, case-reed, two-stroke engine putting down wicked, corner-launching low- and mid-range power and blistering top-end through a slick-shifting 6-speed transmission. Seamless throttle
response is provided at all RPM by way of its 28mm Keihin flat-slide carb.
And race-bred chassis design - featuring a rigid, lightweight twin-spar frame and swingarm, and adjustable, YZ250/125-spec suspension - that lets you soak up the whoops. Hydraulic disc brakes fitted with large-diameter stainless steel rotors (220mm front, 190mm in back) and high-friction pads provide class
-beating stopping power with progressive, one-finger lever feel that lets you slow quicker and dive deeper with unbeatable precision.
"The faster and more aggressively you ride, the better the YZ85 performs. It
has serious suspension and major power
Already own a YZ 85 dont forget to check out our on-line Yamaha OEM parts for your YZ 85. On-line fiche finders simplify finding the correct Yamaha YZ 85 parts with on-line ordering which can be done directly from the Yamaha parts diagrams. Visa, mastercharge, American Express are accepted. Order your parts today
YZ85 FEATURES & BENEFITS
YZ 85 Engine:
- The industry's mightiest mini gets its lightweight, liquid-cooled two-stroke engine capacity increased from 83 to 85cc (bore x stroke = 47.5 x 47.8mm) to deliver even harder-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the RPM range.
- Crankcase features reshaped scavenging port for improved mid-range
and top-end output.
- Crankcase reed valve induction and 28mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor ensures seamless throttle response across the powerband, while aluminum carb body helps reduce weight.
- All-new, larger-diameter (47.5mm) forged piston reduces reciprocal
mass and friction for faster revving with greater durability.
- New-design digital CD ignition system puts out a more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for quicker, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Smooth-shifting, 6-speed transmission features new-design main and
drive axles, while heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch delivers maximum hook-up for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
- Involute spline set-up in clutch means smoother shifting under power with greater durability at competition-level usage.
- Clutch cover features a sub-cover for easy access during maintenance.
- Gearbox features a new-design shift shaft for smoother shifting feel with no spring friction.
- Lightweight radiator has larger cores and more louvers, while retooled water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller to ensure maximum cooling efficiency.
- Lightweight exhaust system design with a reshaped tapered section helps create a broader powerband with stronger low-end punch.
- Airbox design with reshaped filter ensures greater air cleaning performance and easier maintenance.
- Primary kickstarting features a reshaped lever with a sealed pivot to keep out water and mud, enhancing durability.
YZ 85 Chassis/Suspension:
- Ultra-rigid twin-spar frame is ultra-lightweight and incredibly strong for
minimal flex to deliver razor-sharp handling.
- Rear subframe redesign is removable to allow easy maintenance.
- Lightweight 36mm inverted Kayaba cartridge fork features 10.8" of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability.
- Front fork construction offers YZ250/125-design valving, low-friction outer tubes and internals to ensure smoother, more compliant stroke for superior handling and lighter steering.
- Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba link-type shock with 11
.1" of travel and race-tested YZ250/125-spec compression damping valving.
- 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes feature stainless steel rotors and all-new pads to deliver stronger stopping power with incomparable control and one-finger feel.
- Retooled rear brake pedal ensures smoother, easier actuation and
features improved sealing in the shaft housing against sand and dirt.
- Lightweight 17" front and 14" rear DID rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- New-design Dunlop knobbies feature an all-new tread pattern to enhance
traction and cornering on a variety of tracks and terrain.
YZ 85 Additional Features:
- Wider handlebar and flatter fuel tank, seat, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide rider with greater leverage and more freedom of movement and weight transfer.
- Cleated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip provide superb grip and excellent durability.
- Wide, YZ250/125-spec cast-alloy footpegs are cleated to provide superb comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Separate clutch cover with new transmission oil filler opening makes for
- Fuel tank cap is wider-diameter for easier usage, while larger tank opening ensures faster, hassle-free refueling.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Stainless steel clutch cable ensures longer life.y